GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

My Garmin 500 turns itself off a few seconds after I turn it…

Customer Question
My Garmin 500 turns...

My Garmin 500 turns itself off a few seconds after I turn it on

Technician's Assistant: What Garmin model do you have?

Is a Garmin 500

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Garmin?

It didn't connect to my computer. It does after a press Page/Menu and connect it again. But when I remove it it turns itself off

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: GPS
3/17/2018
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 1 month ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi. My Garmin turns itself a few second after i turn it on. When I connect it to the computer it doesn't appear.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When I connect it to the computer it turns on but a few seconds later it also goes blank, and doesn't appear in the computer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If I press page/menu and then connect it to the computer while holding page/menu the device appear in the computer but it doesn't sinc with Garmin Connect

Approximately how old is your Garmin 500?

Do you have another USB cable you can try with it?

Let me know how old it is, and if it works with a different USB cable, and if it stays powered on ok when it is connected to the charger....

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The Garmin is 6 years old and I never had a problem before.
I tried with different USB cables, I tried connecting it to a different computer and I tried connecting it directly to an outlet through a charger, but every time the screen goes blank (but stays lit) and nothing appears on the screen no matter what I do.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago

Ok, so the software has likely gotten corrupted on it and it will require a repair at a service center:

https://support.garmin.com/faqSearch/en-US/faq/content/tCaD277YAn08GTNzP4OraA

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Thanks,

Pete.

Pete, Engineer