GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

I have just purchased a Garmin 5" echomap. In trying to

Customer Question
I have just purchased...

I have just purchased a Garmin 5" echomap. In trying to install on my binacle of my houseboat I cannot access the area where I want to mount it. The manual only shows mounting from underneath and I can see no way to detach the swivel mount to mount the unit through the swivels from the top down??.

Technician's Assistant: Did you download all the necessary software for the update (e.g. Garmin Express or WebUpdater)?

No. I only read th directions. Does the base separate from the swivel mechanism?

Technician's Assistant: How's the Internet connection while updating? Have you tried restarting your computer and trying the download again?

That's why I am on line here with my IPad!

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: GPS
3/17/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Took too long for a reply and I refuse to pay $24 for a reply after purchasing a brand new unit.

OK