GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

Very big problem... Can you help me? I have a tomtom start…

Customer Question
Very big problem... Technician's...

Very big problem...

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your GPS?

Can you help me ?

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your GPS?

I have a tomtom start 25 and I've corrupted the map on it then I deleted all the maps and now I've tried several times to load the map but it stops at 35 % (I've try it for 200 tmes in every condition...)

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

It's enough i think...

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: GPS
3/16/2018
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 5 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

When it stops at 35%, how much time do you allow it to complete?

Please let me know

at the beginning start with an estimated time of 42 minutes... after 25 min the error (i've tried several times 25 / 30 getting the same error)

Are you doing it on a windows computer?

windows 7 (patched at the last version) with the TomTom Connect software patched at the last version...
I'm in this situation cause the upgrade process has been interrupted due a problem at 1 USB port, and I've checked insiede the TomTom 25 and deleted the broken map.From that moment ... even if the map is on the PC (I've verified into the HOME of Tom Tom...) the upgrade process is going bad...I've also tried to delete all the languages and Autovelox, gaining Space, but the software upgrade does not work....

ok, than do the following please

Click start, type in CMD and right click on command prompt and select run as administrator

A black window will open.

Type in it

sfc /scannow

press enter and when it has completed, type in

chkdsk /r

Press enter.

It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive.

chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer.

Please note, while this normally only takes 10 minutes to run, it can take at times number of hours if windows encounters many issues. If this is occurring it is critical to let this complete as it means you have corruption on the hard drive that it needs to fix. Even if it looks like the scan is not progressing, it is, please just let it run to completion. Windows will then start when it has.

Then try to update it please

Let me know how you go please

The Tomtom 25 does not create a volume but operates trough a network connection (he creates a network nic with a web site inside to charge personalizations)the check disc will not work cause no drive is created...

ok.. I am not sure what you mean with your reply... but the instructions are correct, you need to do them exactly as I listed please

I'm trying to execute the righ instructions on my PC but the chkdsk /r stops at 17% then the PC restarts... I've to find a tool to fix my HDD before going over... (i think)

ok, try to though update the TomTom from another computer then, does it then work?