GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

I have a TomTom question. I can't get back to the text

Customer Question
I have a TomTom...

I have a TomTom question. I can't get back to the text screen when I want to.

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

TomTom GPS for my car.

Technician's Assistant: What TomTom model do you have?

Don't have it here but it's about 4 years old.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your TomTom?

It's working just fine but I can't move from screen to screen as I wish. Specifically I can't move from map back to the text instructions which give me exit numbers.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: GPS
3/14/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

maybe you can help me find a Tom Tom tutorial online.

Which model TomTom do you have?

I can't seem to find the model # but it has an article # 1EFO.017.04 and Part # 5EFO.017.03 if that's any help.

Yes, it does.

For future reference, you have the Start 55TM model.

Here is the manual: http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/START_40_series_START_50_series/refman/TomTom-START-en-US.pdf

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Hello Harry. Thank you for your help thus far. I have read the entire manual you referred my to but I could not find the answer to my original question. How can I retrieve the text directions for my trip? It is occasionally available but when I leave that screen to look at the map, I can not get back to it. I know that if "DETAILS " is a choice on the task bar, it will take me to the screen I want but this is seldom an option. What am I doing wrong?

If you tap on the screen, it will show the taskbar while you are on a route.