GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

I have purchased a map upgrade for a Garmin GPS 295. The…

Customer Question
I have purchased a...

I have purchased a map upgrade for a Garmin GPS 295. The device is recognized, but the install stalls on three diggerent browser with an error message that starts "...can't open gmnadu." I have apparently successfully installed the communicator software

Technician's Assistant: Did you download all the necessary software for the update (e.g. Garmin Express or WebUpdater)?

Didn't see that prompt. I'll try. Is it available for Mac? Where do I find it?

Technician's Assistant: The GPS Technician will be able to walk you through that. How's the Internet connection while updating? Have you tried restarting your computer and trying the download again?

Connection is first class

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: GPS
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/14/2018
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 4 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
(I regret that I myself am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

When dealing with an update for your Garmin device, it is best to simply download, install, and use Garmin Express.

Go to

http://software.garmin.com/en-GB/express.html

and (if you have a Windows PC... click on the big blue Download button at center bottom of the page...)

...if you have an Apple, click on the nearby Download for Mac link.

And download Garmin Express' installer to your computer, save it, then double-click upon it to install Garmin Express.
Then start the program, Garmin Express. Then connect your Garmin device. Then use Garmin Express to update your device.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.