GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

I have a 9612T-LM with lifetime updates. I have been

Customer Question
I have a 9612T-LM...

I have a 9612T-LM with lifetime updates. I have been unsuccessful in trying to update it. Help please.

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Magellan Roadmate 9612T-LM

Technician's Assistant: How old is your RoadMate?

Less than one year.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Magellan?

The message on the screen says for me to follow instructions from PC application for updating maps, but I've not been successful. That's where I am right now.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: GPS
3/7/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 3 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

My patience with this process is wearing extremely thin. I am ready to take the product back to Walmart and tell them to stick it where the sun doesn't shine and give me something that works. And I am not about to pay an additional $26 when the product was supposed to be guaranteed for a year and supposed to have lifetime updates.

We are not Magellan.

Then why was I required to make a payment to you to have you help me with a Magellan problem when I was supposed to have free updates to begin with?

You have reached the wrong company.

The Magellan website that I went in to try to fix the problem myself referred me to you.

Please contact Magellan.

Please refund my $5 since you've done absolutely nothing for me.

Our services are not $5.

Call customer service at 1-***-***-****