GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

I just received a replacement Garmin Edge 810. I have it…

Customer Question
I just received a...

I just received a replacement Garmin Edge 810. I have it half-charged, but thought I'd set up the device before finishing the charging...it's at 43%. When I turn it the usual icons aren't there i.e. tools, map, etc. I kept the SD card from the previous device...but it says cannot load maps. I don't see where to set up elevation, %grade, etc. I'd like to use it on my ride tomorrow

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Edge?

The previous unit I got in June 2015. One of the little mounting tabs on the back broke...so I paid $107.00 and they sent me a replacement. Arrived today.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Garmin?

When I turn it on it runs me through age, weight, height, bike profile, etc. but my map doesn't come up fact the icon at the bottom showing a tool

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

Guess not...

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: GPS
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I thought someone was supposed to call me.
Never happened.
I'll try using the other line in the morning
3/7/2018
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Try updating the software on your Garmin Edge 810 and let me know if that works?

https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=6005

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------