GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

I received a garmin vivofit for Christmas. Changed the

I received a garmin...

I received a garmin vivofit for Christmas. Changed the batteries, and then noticed on the left had side of the LED screen, there is an oval silver mark that is blocking the last number on the screen. It has a little red mark at the top of the oval. I thought it meant the battery needed changing, which seemed very quick, but did it anyway, the silver oval has gotten a bit bigger which leaves the garmin useless. Any suggestions?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Vivofit?

Not sure, our children gave it to me end of December.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Garmin?

Only changing the batteries, and trying to sync, but it won't connect.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

That about sums it up.. Thanks

1/23/2018
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

It does sound like a screen fail but this can be an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Hold the power button to off for60 seconds.

Release, then turn on the unit and tell me please how it then looks.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Its the same

Thanks

It is the display panel that has faulted, this is the issue.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the vivofit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Where do I return it? It was a gift.

use my link below and you can then organize this there

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/

Let me know if you have any issues and please remember the rating

Thank you

Richard, Customer Service
i can’t find an address where to send the garmin

You use the link I gave you, repeated below

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/