GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

I tried to download from the net and then it sopped to work.

Second opinion] I tried...

Second opinion] I tried to download from the net and then it sopped to work. I tried to reset but no success. Now it's completely dead. What can I do other than trow it away??

Technician's Assistant: Are there any lights on your GPS when you try charging it? Does the screen change at all?

When I push the on-button it only shows Garmin

Technician's Assistant: Has there been any damage to your GPS recently?

No

1/10/2018
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Hello Pete, Are you coming back to me?

What is the model number of the Garmin device?

Does anything show on the display?
Did the download get interrupted before it completed?

It's Nuvi 1390. On a black label it's written: FCC ID: IPH-01554 and IC:1792A01554. There is another label with some code strips and a number: 1NE017175.
When I switch on the screen only shows "Garmin" and nothing else. The device can not be detected by the PC.

Oh, that I don't know.....

If the download was interrupted then the software on the Nuvi may have gotten corrupted, preventing it from turning on fully.

Try the following reset method shown in the video guide and let me know if it works?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAOpw98cSpU

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Sorry, it didn't work...

If the reset did not work then the device will need to be returned to Garmin for a factory reset:

http://www.garmin.com/sv-SE/company/contact/

http://www.garmin.com/en-GB/company/contact/

Hello - I see you left me a bad rating without any explanation! :(

I am user of this site, just like you. The rating is only for my service to you and nothing else.

A negative rating means I am penalized for trying to assist you. It does not process a refund of your payment.

Is there any part of my answer that you need clarification on?

I hope you reconsider the rating. Please advise and thank you for your time.

You can re-rate again at any time.

Pete.

Hello, I see you have again left me a bad rating! :(
Any reason at all for this?

Pete, Engineer