GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

Will not locate satilites. Golf buddy WT5. It worked OK for…

Customer Question
Will not locate satilites ...

Will not locate satilites

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your GPS?

Golf buddy WT5

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your GPS?

It worked OK for about 6 rounds , now it just "searches"

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

No Just want to connect to a course

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: GPS
1/9/2018
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 6 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your electronic device question.

Try taking it out in an open space (if you haven't already - I presume that you have, but must mention this) with a low horizon. If it cannot locate satellites then, you have a defective Golf Buddy device with bad radio circuitry in it... if it is that new, you should return it promptly to the vendor or store for a refund or a return/exchange, if it is not too late (return/exchange terms usually limit one to doing so within a week to 10 days of initial purchase date.)

If it is too late for that, turn it in to GolfBuddy themselves, for warranty-covered repair:

https://www.golfbuddyglobal.com/support/warranty.asp

and click on the icon at the lower right (pink, I think, and in a little drifting square window) to contact GolfBuddy for a return of your device.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated! Thank you.

(- If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.)