GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

My nevi's screen Shows nothing it's black. Before this

Customer Question
My nevi's screen Shows...

My nevi's screen Shows nothing it's black. Before this happened it showed directions wrong. I believe its's a nuvi which I bought thru the Military Exchange store for my wife Can I send it to you repair ??

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Nuvi?

Would say about 10 -12 yrs .

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Garmin?

I'v tried to reset it with my Apple PC . Since the screen is now blank could the battery need replacing ?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No Greg.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: GPS
1/9/2018
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Nuvi and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Nuvi.

Let me know the results please

Thank you