GPS

GPS Repair Problems? Ask a GPS Technician for Answers ASAP

GPS

I am trying to register a new Sureshot air 3 rangefinder.

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to register a new Sureshot air 3 rangefinder. However, I am asked to enter a

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your GPS?

It is a sureshot air3 gps unit, but I don't know who made it.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your GPS?

I have reached the point where I have entered my name and address, etc and am now asked to enter a serial number and a pin. How do I find these to enter the information?

Technician's Assistant: The GPS Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

Have I lost you?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: GPS
1/9/2018
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 1 month ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

The serial number is ***** the back of the unit, under the belt clip. You will need to remove the belt clip to view it.

You should not be asked to enter a PIN - what is the exact question regarding a PIN that you are seeing?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks Pete. As it happens, my unit does not have a belt clip, so there was no serial number under it. I did however, remove the battery and under it I found a serial number which hopefully is the correct one. As to a pin, in the series of boxes to be filled out (name, address, etc.) is one asking for a pin. I have assumed this is for me to use when I want to access the Sureshot website and have therefore entered a number which I can remember. So I am afraid you did not solve my problems and accordingly I ask that my payment be refunded. That said, thank you for your efforts

For refund requests please contact customer services.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Surely if you cannot accurately answer a query, you cannot charge for the incorrect answer given. In this case the answer was clearly incorrect. Therefore a refund of my payment should be automatic. To charge for incorrect answers must be regarded an unethical at best and fraud at worst. Please send this note to whoever is responsible for making refunds.
Pete, Engineer