GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

I have an Etrex 30 which just will not power up. I've tried…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, I have...

Hi Pearl, I have an Etrex 30 which just will not power up. I've tried the batteries in my Etrex 10 and they work fine. I've tried a hard reset but nothing. I've tried plugging in to my PC through the USB cable, still nothing. The unit has been sitting a while but the old batteries were not leaking and the contacts are clean. Thanks Cliff

Technician's Assistant: Are there any lights on your eTrex when you try charging it? Does the screen change at all?

Nothing

Technician's Assistant: Has there been any damage to your GPS recently?

No, it's been put away in a box since I last used it 6 months ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can thing of.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: GPS
1/7/2018
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Hi Cliff, if the batteries are good and the contacts are clean then the power button is suspect and will require a repair.

You can take the Etrex to your local Garmin dealer, or arrange a repair online at:

https://www.garmin.com/uk/support/warranty

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------