GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

I only want a usual free map update for my Nuvi 205. It's a…

Customer Question
I only want a...

I only want a usual free map update for my Nuvi 205.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Nuvi?

It's a wedding gift, and about 8 years old,

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Garmin?

I used to be able to run regualr updates to my Garmin, but i was hacked, and they stripped and crashed my 2 desktops.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

So i do not have the easy was in the past ti just plug it in. I do not have the application onboard that they keep asking me to find, and then I'll be abnle to download the free map update.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: GPS
1/3/2018
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

You can update your Nuvi using Garmin Express:

https://support.garmin.com/faqSearch/en-US/faq/content/GWyUk6GY7s6okEzL4d1Gs7

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------