GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

I am trying to update my garmin nuvi 50 lm. I'm 73 and I…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to update my garmin nuvi 50 lm. I'm 73 and I never leave home without my garmin!!! All the choices for updating are very confusing to me.Can you please help me?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Nuvi?

Not sure - maybe 5??

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Garmin?

I don't even know!! Garmin express??

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know??

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: GPS
1/2/2018
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 6 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device or updates.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) Is the device in "good working order" (still works, has good battery life, etc.)?

2) What type of computer is being used (Windows, MAC, etc.)?

3) I see you mentioned "Garmin Express". Have you attempted to install that program on the computer yet?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you see ANY requests for "additional services" - such as a phone call - please understand that these are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment. Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

Am using windows 10. Attempted to download that express but don't know that it worked. If Im asked to pay for something I click off.

OK - let me give you a link to the exact page for getting Garmin Express and if you can, click that link and let me know EXACTLY what you see on your computer screen.

Click Here --> https://www.garmin.com/en-US/software/express/

You SHOULD see a big BLUE "Download for Windows" button - where you can download the program.

Thanks

Hi again,

I see it has been a while and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)