GPS

Connect one-on-one with a verified electronics technician who will answer your question

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

More related answers
All electronics technicians are VERIFIED
I forget how to update my maps. I have a cable between my
Jason Jones, AAS Information Technology
I forget how to update my maps. I have a cable between my laptop and Garmin Nuvi 52 lm. I saw a green ribbon run across the screen. Does that mean it updated? THanks, Ann … read more
I am trying to update my nuvi 3597 via Garmin Express. It
Pete, Senior Engineer
I am trying to update my nuvi 3597 via Garmin Express. It has been over 4 hours now and it is not done with step #1, Preparing the device for map update. I updated Garmin Express before starting. I ne… read more
We own a GARVIN nuvi 52 lm and it has never been updated.
Russell H., Computer Technology Consultant
We own a GARVIN nuvi 52 lm and it has never been updated. Please explain how I may do that today. Thank you, Jim … read more
I need to update my Garmin Nuvi 2300 LM and I am supposed to
I need to update my Garmin Nuvi 2300 LM and I am supposed to have free updates for the life of the Garmin. I have it plugged into the Garmin and my computer and all I get is a statement that says it i… read more
I can not update maps. I have a nuvi 50LM (2013). never gets
Dustin, Support Technician
I can not update maps. I have a nuvi 50LM (2013). never gets connectd to PC. … read more
I have a Nuvi 50 LM and I think I messed up updating maps. I
Pete, Senior Engineer
I have a Nuvi 50 LM and I think I messed up updating maps. I put a memory chip in it to update awhile back and I tried to do an update last night and it says I need a 3 gig memory card. Is there any w… read more
I have a 3597lm but can't find paperwork to set up for
Sijad H.
Sijad H., Technician
I have a 3597lm but can't find paperwork to set up for updates. what do I do … read more
How do I update maps for Malaysia on my Garmin, It is for a
Pete, Senior Engineer
I don't understand the question. Notice just came on that said to update go to www.garmin.com/mapupdates. When I went there, there was not a choice for Malaysia … read more
Have spent over 2 hours installing and paying for driver
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Bachelor's Program
Have spent over 2 hours installing and paying for driver updates. Now Garmin express wont let me get on to register my Garming DriveLuxe 50 … read more
I have a Garmin NUVI 2455LM. The device told me that I
Dustin, Support Technician
I have a Garmin NUVI 2455LM. The device told me that I needed to get an update. Unfortunately your web site did not indicate that there was a map update for the NUVI 2455 LM. There was an LT I believe… read more
I am trying to update the maps on a Garmin Nuvi 50. Garmin
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
I am trying to update the maps on a Garmin Nuvi 50. Garmin Express detects it but says it doesn't support that model and to use Garmin Map Updater instead. When I run Map Updater I get a "failed to co… read more
I have 2 Garmins, one model #NUVI 2595LM s/n2er175187, and 1
Dustin, Support Technician
I have 2 Garmins, one model #NUVI 2595LM s/n2er175187, and 1 nuvi 2555LMT, SR 34D206419. How do Igo about up grading them to current road maps. I have the connection from the Garmin to my computer.… read more
I installed the update from Garmin Lifetime Updater, then
Freddy M.
Freddy M., IT Technician
I installed the update from Garmin Lifetime Updater, then turned of my Garmin, plugged it in again. Nothing seems to be happening. The Garmin is on with a picture of it plugged into a computer. But th… read more
I have the nuvi 205 version 7.60. I paid the $50.00 when I
Pete, Senior Engineer
I have the nuvi 205 version 7.60. I paid the $50.00 when I purchased the Garmin for updates for the life of the Garmin. I have done updates before and never had a problem, but yesterday and today trie… read more
I have a Garmin Nuvi 1390 and it won't hold a charge on my
I have a Garmin Nuvi 1390 and it won't hold a charge on my car charger. It works fine when I plug it into the wall. I swapped out the car chargers to make sure it wasn't the problem, but the chargers … read more
I have a nuvl 50 LM #2T9628265. I need to up date the map
Freddy M.
Freddy M., IT Technician
I have a nuvl 50 LM #2T9628265. I need to up date the map portion with streets. Very computer dumb do need to have specific instructions!… read more
My garmin nuvi has canada and north america, but does not have
Steve G., Chief Engineer
My garmin nuvi has canada and north america, but does not have the southern states. I am currently in mississippi. Can I download north america to my nuvi through my samsung galaxy tab 3?… read more
Dear Sir, As you have not the Nuvi 265W anylonger, I want
Steve G., Chief Engineer
Dear Sir, As you have not the Nuvi 265W anylonger, I want a new one. I am talking of The Gsp. Could you recommend a newNuvi? I only drive occasionally to Holland. Yours sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX… read more