GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

My 2589 lmt keeps shutting off. Garmin. I was able to get it…

Customer Question
My 2589 lmt keeps...

My 2589 lmt keeps shutting off

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your GPS?

Garmin

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Garmin?

I was able to get it updated but now It won't stay on. It will say the battery is low and shut down. It will come on again and shut down. I tried holding the on/off button for 10 seconds but it didn't work.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: GPS
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/1/2018
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 7 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The AGE of the device?

2) WHEN did this issue first begin (or was noticed)?

3) Is the device connected to ANY power source when this happens, and if so, what power source is it connected to?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you see ANY requests for "additional services" - such as a phone call - please understand that these are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.

Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks