GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

I have a NUVI 2689 which I use in Europe. I bought a CNAV…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a NUVI 2689 which I use in Europe. I bought a CNAV North America card from Garmin but tt does not seem to work for me here in Las Vegas. Pse an you advise? Thanks

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Nuvi?

Hi Pearl I think 3 years

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Garmin?

Just put in te cardbut can not change country

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: GPS
1/1/2018
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 7 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device or map card.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) WHEN and WHERE was the device last operated successfully?

2) Has the map card been fully installed and the North America maps "enabled" - on the myMaps screen?

3) Has the device been powered up with a clear view of the sky, and if so does it get a satellite lock and display ANYTHING on the View Map screen - even if that is a blank map or shows only MAJOR roads when zooming out?

As a reference, please take a look at the following video that shows the maps card being "Enabled" - on the myMaps screen and VERIFY that the North America map card appears on the same screen of the 2689 device.

Click Here for Video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvpj7DmBWks

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you see ANY requests for "additional services" - such as a phone call - please understand that these are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment. Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)