GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

I just bought a 2010 Tundra with a Rosen in-dash multimedia…

Customer Question
I just bought a...

I just bought a 2010 Tundra with a Rosen in-dash multimedia navigation system. When I try to access the navigation system it simply goes back to the main menu and I have also seen a briefly displayed error message about a fatal error and something about a missing Florida map.. I also have not been able to figure out which model number it is. It seems like a nice system and does have a back-up camera but I would like to have it fully functional if possible. Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your GPS?

Rosen

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your GPS?

To make it work. Please read my initial message.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

Probably, but I want to know if it is worth fixing or updating or should I continue to use my old Garmin.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: GPS
12/30/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

This will happen if the Entune software on the nav system is corrupt.

The software can be updated by your local Toyota dealer.

Reference: https://www.toyota.com/t3Portal/document/omnav-s/OM1011NQG/pdf/2010_Tundra_Nav_NQRG_lr.pdf

--------------------

Happy New Year!

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)

You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.

Pete.

--------------------

I do plan on having my local Toyota dealer check out the truck, but this is a Rosen system and not the Toyota factory or dealer installed system that the Toyota site refers to. I also have not seen any reference to Entune software on the Rosen web site or in the Rosen manuals.

So it is not the factory fitted system?

Can you see a model number anywhere on it?

Pete,We have company and I don't have time to dig into this right now. I'll try to get back with you in a day or two.

That is fine, you can ignore any automated messages you receive in the meantime :)