GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

I have a rino 650 and the power button won't turn on the…

Customer Question
I have a rino...

I have a rino 650 and the power button won't turn on the device. If I plug the 650 in, it will come on and stay on for over a day when fully charged. The power button does work to shut off 650.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any lights on your Rino when you try charging it? Does the screen change at all?

Yes, everything works great (normal) when I plug it in. Once the unit is shut off with the power switch, it won't come on until plugged back in.

Technician's Assistant: Has there been any damage to your GPS recently?

I also don't see the battery type selection option in systems menu.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

I was using the gps in very cold conditions and that seems to be when the problem started. Once I get it turned on, I can unplug it and all works normally.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: GPS
12/22/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Over time, the power button can wear out as it is the most commonly used button.

It will need to be repaired or replaced.

You can either have a local electronics repair shop repair it for you, or you can return the Rino to Garmin:

https://my.garmin.com/rma/en-US/repair/repairLanding

--------------------

Happy Holidays!

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)

You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.

Pete.

--------------------