GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

My S2 garmin watch does not connect to the satallie. I have…

Customer Question
My S2 garmin watch...

My S2 garmin watch does not connect to the satallie

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router?

I have rest set it

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Several time

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

Basic and master reset

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: GPS
12/21/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 4 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) WHEN was the device last used SUCCESSFULLY?

2) The AGE of the device?

3) Does the device TRY to find the satellite signals then show an error of some kind?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you see ANY requests for "additional services" - such as a phone call - please understand that these are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment. Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

the device is 1 year old last use two weeks okay
no the satellite bar just goes across the watch about half way

OK - has the device been moved a long distance since last used - say 50 miles or more?

And is the device OUTDOORS - with a clear view of the sky?

its has not move over 50 miles
also when i plug it in to the compute it does not see the device
the error message says insert disk
i tried the cmd but it does not work

Hi again and thanks for that update.

So may I ask WHEN the device was last fully charged?

And has the device EVER been successfully connected to the computer you are connecting to?

on both question

OK - first question was WHEN.

last week

OK - failure to communicate with the computer is TYPICALLY a "connection" issue - and typically at the contacts of the charge/data clip.

So may I ask if those connections have been checked and CLEANED recently?

Here is a link to a short video that show how to clean the contacts.

Click here --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDTW-mAZurk

Please let me know.

Thanks

May I also ask if the Garmin Express program is installed and running - on the computer - when the device is connected to the computer?

Thanks

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer