GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

My Nuvi 1490T is showing no map data available and the

Customer Question
My Nuvi 1490T is...

My Nuvi 1490T is showing no map data available and the device is not recognized by Garnin Express

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Nuvi?

Few years

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Garmin?

Plugged device into multiple USB ports on my desktop. Running version 5.9

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: GPS
12/20/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 5 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

There may be a problem with your Nuvi's mapping files.

To correct this problem, follow the steps below:

• Press and hold your finger on the message to clear it.
  • Ensure the map is enabled on the device
    • To see which maps are loaded and ensure they are enabled:
      1. Touch Settings
      2. Touch Map
      3. Touch Info
    • Within this section you will be able to see all of the mapping loaded onto the device. If there is no checkmark next to the map(s) listed, touch the box to add a check. This will enable the mapping on the device.
  • If the maps were installed to a memory card, ensure the memory card is formatted properly and try again.

Let me know how you get on.

--------------------

Happy Holidays!

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)

You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.

Pete.

--------------------

Hi Pete,
When I hit the INFO button fot maps the screen is blank.
Silvio

Ok, then no maps exist on the memory card.

You will need to ensure the memory card is correctly formatted and load your maps onto it, then try again.

Unfamiliar with that process. How best to check?

Here is a useful video guide:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfKs0a9ngp0

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Was unable to replicate the video versions.

Which part are you having difficulty with?

Pete, Engineer