GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

Just bought my first Garmin,tried it at home and found I…

Customer Question
Just bought my first...

Just bought my first Garmin,tried it at home and found I could not get the directions I needed to a location for which I bought the GPS.

Technician's Assistant: What Garmin model do you have?

Drive smart 61

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Garmin?

I just tried to get to a friends house about 10 miles away,it was a new development about 2 years ago.they say I may have to pay to get an update.L don't own a computer

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

Not to my knowledge

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: GPS
12/15/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Perhaps the Garmin device is defective. But, have you done anything else to set it up or prepare it for use, since you bought it? Let me know, by Reply To Expert, and I will instruct you as to what to do.