GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

Using a garmin 920xt and after my run it began flashing the…

Customer Question
Hi there, using a...

Hi there, using a garmin 920xt and after my run it began flashing the garmin logo. Tried a hard reset etc and it keeps getting stuck in this screen. any assistance would be much appreciated

Technician's Assistant: How old is your 920XT?

Early 2016?

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Garmin?

Ive tried holding down the power button for 20 seconds and starting it up again, read somewhere about pressing both up and down buttons, tried that as well

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

Thats about it! thanks

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: GPS
12/13/2017
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 8 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I do. Thanks in advance for the assistance

To perform the master reset:

1. Power Forerunner off
  2. Press and hold Mode and Enter buttons
  3. Press and release Power button (still holding Mode and Enter)
  4. Release Mode and Enter once Power is released
Hi Harry, that didn't work either. Any other suggestions?

Unfortunately, if the GPS is over a year old then it would need to be repaired or replaced outside of warranty.