GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

My new Garmin Drivesmart is not charging from mains. Both.

Customer Question
My new Garmin Drivesmart...

My new Garmin Drivesmart is not charging from mains

Technician's Assistant: Did you try charging your DriveSmart from a different power source (e.g. from a wall socket or from your computer)?

Yes, both

Technician's Assistant: Are you using the charger that came with your GPS, or an aftermarket charger?

Aftermarket - no charger with GPS

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: GPS
12/10/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 4 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Name & Number of the device you are working with?

2) Does the device charge and operate when connected to the Vehicle Power Adapter that came with it?

3) WHEN did this issue first begin (or was noticed)?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you see ANY requests for "additional services" - such as a phone call - please understand that these are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone. Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

(im)

Hi again,

I see it has been a while and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer