GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

I have questions about connecting and sharing data between…

Customer Question
I have questions about...

I have questions about connecting and sharing data between garmin products as well as transducer quesrions

Technician's Assistant: What Garmin model do you have?

Please telephone me at **********

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Garmin?

I have

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

I have a striker 5 combo and a new echomap 44cv

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: GPS
12/7/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

The echoMAP/echoMAP CHIRP and Striker series devices have the ability to share user data by connecting the bare wires bundled inside their power cable.

There are four wires contained within the power cable bundle. The Blue and Brown wires are used for transmitting user data or NMEA 0183 sentences.

• Blue is Transmit Positive (Tx+). Connect this to the Brown wire of the second device.
  • Brown is Receive Positive (Rx+). Connect this to the Blue wire of the second device.
  • Black is Ground. Connect both Black wires to the same common ground.
  • Red is Power. Connect this to a positive power source.

Once the connections are completed, User Data Sharing will need to be enabled and the communication serial port set to Garmin High Speed on both devices.

To enable User Data Sharing:

1. Start on the Home screen
  2. Select User Data
  3. Select Manage Data
  4. Select User Data Sharing and switch to On

To change the communication serial port (echoMAP/echoMAP CHIRP):

1. Start on the Home screen
  2. Select Settings
  3. Select Communications
  4. Select Serial Port
  5. Select Garmin High Speed

Once the above steps have been completed, all user data on each device (existing and created thereafter) will be copied to the other.

-

Connecting the first device to the extension cable:

• Connect the Blue wire (1) of the first device to the Green wire (4) of the extension cable.
  • Connect the Brown wire (2) of the first device to the White wire (5) of the extension cable.
  • Connect the Black wire (3) of the first device to the Black wire (3) of the extension cable.

Connecting the extension cable to the second device:

• Connect the Green wire (4) of the extension cable to the Brown wire (2) of the second device.
  • Connect the White wire (5) of the extension cable to the Blue wire (1) of the second device.
  • Connect the Black wire (3) of the extension cable to the Black wire (3) of the second device.

--------------------
Happy Holidays!
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------