GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

Trying to update maps, need additional memory space. I am…

Customer Question
Trying to update maps...

Trying to update maps, need additional memory space. I am working from a iMac with the latest version of operating software installed, and the most recent Garmin updater app.Installed a Lexar 32GB Micro SDHC card, which I can see

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your Garmin software?

I connected the nuvi 2555LMN to the computer, and I can see both the garmin and the extra disk in the finder. I looked at tech disk and it is showing that it has FAT32 installed. I updated the garmin software on the iMac this morning so it should be working. However, when I hit the update button and select the option to update using memory card, it tells me I need to install a memory card. This problem is not new -- I have never been able to get this thing to update using the card, end up usually just updating partial US maps to keep the file sizes small enough but I need to travel across boundaries this time and I need the whole US.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: GPS
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/6/2017
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I still need help
if this would be simpler for you to do live, I can do that
still standing by

If you plug in the GPS unit into your computer then you do not need to use the option to update via SDcard.

You can update it via their software on the computer instead.

i don't think you are understanding the question. I am trying to do an update, from my computer, with the garmin connected to the Exrpess updater, and the updater is saying that there is no SD card installed when there very clearly is. The update file is too large for the installed memory on the device, so I need the space from the SD card to complete the update.
you know, this is not helping and I don't really have time to wait any longer. I would be obliged if you will just refund the $26 fee from the phone request and cancel this session. I'll try another option.
Electronics Technician: veniza-cssm,
 replied 7 months ago
veniza-cssm
Dear Customer: We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.com/gps/aup7n-trying-update-maps-need-additional-memory-space.html). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.

.