GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

I have a go one of the early ones it is just the go model…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I have...

Second opinion] I have a tom tom go one of the early ones it is just the go model and we tried updating the card via the internet but have a problem. when we now turn it on the picture on the sat nav shows the sim card being rejected and a large red cross on it.What is the answer?

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your GPS?

Tom Tom. The model is just GO

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your GPS?

We tried updating Via the internet, but all we get when we turn the sat nav on is the sim card being rejected on the screen and a large red cross on the sim card

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

Basically what is the solution Is it a new card?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: GPS
12/5/2017
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

The TomTon GO worked ok before we tried to update the card via the computer so I think the sat nav is fine, it's the card that is the problem as it keeps indicating to reject it. I just wonder will a new card if purchased work ok being as tomtom GO is an old model.Or will the new cards not work in an old tomtom GO? sorry for not replying sooner but I have been away.

You can use a newer card but if you have a card that is too large then it won't support the size.

Please NOTE I am NO LONGERa member!
No I no longer need help I am in the process of ordering a new unit.I am no longer a member anyway but thank you for the reply. TC

Thank you