GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

Could you help me to program my Magellan 1100I for reading…

Customer Question
Hi could you help...

Hi could you help me to program my Magellan 1100I for reading QR-codes too?

Technician's Assistant: What Magellan model do you have?

1100i

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Magellan?

I can read bar codes and have enabled the QR code function but our smart phone QR codes does it not read

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

I have a specific QR-code which is in HEX 1DE043C589AFBB if he could help with this?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: GPS
12/5/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 4 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer.

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue:

To start decoding of 2D barcodes, your scanner should be programmed.

This is simple procedure. Just download (or open hard copy of) the manual, then open page, corresponding to the type of barcode (QR Code in this case), you want to recognize and follow instructions.

CLICK Click link below for a PDF Version of the manual.
https://data2.manualslib.com/pdf3/71/7090/708970-datalogic/magellan_1100i.pdf

So, to start QR code recognition, open page 169 (page 161 printed), then scan 'START END' (programming) bar, then scan 'Enable QR Code', then scan 'START/END' bar again. This should program your scanner to recognize QR codes. The same is true for all other coding types.

NOTE: the above instructions SHOULD ENABLE QR Code scanning - IF your particular device has the QR Code reading function/feature. This function is an OPTIONAL feature of particular sub-models.
Check the following link for the different sub-models:
https://www.barcodesinc.com/datalogic/1100i.htm

I hope this helps.

Please let me know if that works for you or if you have any other questions about this scanner.

If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Hi again,

I see it has been a while and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer