GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

I have a swami 3000 and have been trying to charge for

Customer Question
I have a swami...

I have a swami 3000 and have been trying to charge for several months everytime I try the componet pops up "charged" but it is not... I bought a new cable but thats not the problem???

Technician's Assistant: What device isn't charging?

The Swami 3000 golf gps

Technician's Assistant: Did you try charging your GPS from a different power source (e.g. from a wall socket or from your computer)?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Are you using the charger that came with your GPS, or an aftermarket charger?

The one that came with the GPS the red lite is on but gps not charging

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

I dont think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: GPS
12/3/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I suspect that, if your Swami 3000 GPS device does not seem to remain charged, or shuts off soon after being used after being fully charged, that its internal rechargeable battery has gone bad. All rechargeable batteries for portable electronics devices nowadays do fail eventually, usually after 1 1/3 years time or longer. Either the battery fails to hold enough charge to power the device for long, or fails to deliver enough voltage to power on the device.

If you need info on how to replace the battery or get it replaced for you, Reply telling me how old the GPS is, please, and also roughly where (town/city and state) you are located, and whether you would prefer to replace it yourself, or have it replaced for you, and if you would rather have it replaced for you locally, or send it off elsewhere for battery replacement.

Russell I have had this for 3 years is there a place locally here in Florida I could take it?? We r near Bradenton... How much would it be to replace the battery ?? Thanks for your help..

Thanks for responding... I am seeking businesses and contact information for them, near Bradenton FL, now...

Have u found a place ?? And price???

The battery should cost less than $25 or $30, if a shop charges more than that for it, they are marking it up severely.

As for shops to contact or take the device to:

Nuview Electronics is highest rated of those near to you:

*****W,

Bradenton, FL 34205

( Closed today )

(###) ###-####/p>

Call them tomorrow, I advise.

There are others, shall I list them too?

There is also Pro Electronics Repair, not highly rated but rated by only one customer on the sites I have found them rated on:

*****E,

Bradenton, FL 34208

(###) ###-####/p>

Others are farther afield, in St. Petersburg or in Sarasota perhaps. Would you like listings from there? or are these enough?

Russell would u happen to know how much it would cost to replace the swami 3000 if they even make them yet?

I don't think they are sold anymore. The price to replace the battery should be about $30 for labor (it's simple enough) and about $20 to $30 for the new battery, unless markup is severe or the shop's minimum labor charge is large.

So ask by phone if they do the repair, then ask for an estimate for what an electronics repair told you was a simple battery replacement, to best find out and decide.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.