GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

Today my garmin 220? wouldn't charge. Later in the day all…

Customer Question
Hi today my garmin...

Hi today my garmin 220? wouldn't charge. Later in the day all the buttons, light, setting, etc stopped working, but clock is still going and accurate. Tried a hard restart, nothing. HELP

Technician's Assistant: Did you try charging your Garmin GPS from a different power source (e.g. from a wall socket or from your computer)?

Tried two different sources, my computer where I usally do it, and a wall socket usb port

Technician's Assistant: Are you using the charger that came with your GPS, or an aftermarket charger?

Yep, have another one from previous watch, but have tried both in case i mixed them up

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: GPS
Answered in 1 day by:
12/4/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Garmin and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the unit.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Richard, Customer Service