GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

I lost my hand help alpha100 in the woods. Garmin. To turn…

Customer Question
I lost my hand...

I lost my hand help alpha100 in the woods

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your GPS?

Garmin

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Garmin?

To turn the collars off

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: GPS
12/2/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

To find a Garmin Alpha in the woods, you will need to have another with which it was linked by Bluetooth - or a smartphone it was linked with by Bluetooth - and it will have to be turned On, and it will have to be not yet run out of battery. If such a link by Bluetooth is available, then watching for the link to become active while walking through the woods, would indicate within the range of Bluetooth (several dozen or a hundred yards at most?) roughly where the Alpha 100 is...

Otherwise... unless you can think back and recall exactly where, nor nearly exactly where, you lost or dropped it, it won't be at all easy to find, obviously.

It is not currently linked to anything Is there a way to link it with my phone now with it lost?

I don't think so... but you can walk through the woods, scanning for any possible Bluetooth device as you go, and see if it picks up your Alpha 100. That's the last hope for this case, I think, unfortunately.