GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

I bought a Garmin Nuvi 2689 for my car a while ago, and am…

Customer Question
I bought a Garmin...

I bought a Garmin Nuvi 2689 for my car a while ago, and am very happy with it.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Nuvi?

I bought it this year, from Amazon. I am in the process of buying a new car that comes "prewired for accessory Garmin MAP PILOT navigation system". Would it be possible to load the software onto an SD card, and insert that card in the appropriate slot in the car? The car is a Mercedes CLA 250.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Garmin?

Nothing yet. I haven't bought the car yet. I use my Garmin as a stand alone in my old car, or when I rent a car during travels.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes. Can I just use software that comes with Garmin Express (lifetime map updates), or am I stuck with buying the Mercedes SD cards?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: GPS
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/26/2017
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I have not received an answer yet.