GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

I did an update on my garmin drive 51,was not getting any…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I did...

Second opinion] I did an update on my garmin drive 51,was not getting any voice,now I am getting voice telling me to turn,but not naming the name of the street

Technician's Assistant: Did you download all the necessary software for the update (e.g. Garmin Express or WebUpdater)?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How's the Internet connection while updating? Have you tried restarting your computer and trying the download again?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: GPS
11/25/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

You will need to change the voice language to one that can speak street names.
To change the voice language, from the Main Menu > Settings > scroll down to Language and Keyboard > Voice Language > select one America English-Samantha (Speaks Street Names) > Save.

--------------------
Happy Holidays!
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------