GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

Try to type in address and need to update pops up and

Customer Question
Try to type in...

Try to type in address and need to update pops up and freezes.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your GPS?

Magellan model 1340 softwareversion1.13 serial#0780000402232

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Magellan?

Just plugged into my desktop comp

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: GPS
11/24/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

You will need to update the software on your Magellan device.

To check that you have the latest software for your device:

1. Log into SmartGPS Eco with your Magellan GPS account.
  2. Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable.
  3. Click on the *Update *tab.
  4. Click *Download *if you see a notification that says “Software update: There is improved software available for your device.”
  5. Note: Do not disconnect your device while the software update is installing.
  6. Disconnect your device from your computer.

Your software is now up to date.

--------------------
Happy Thanksgiving!
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------