GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

SN.081200019947 MAGELAN ROAD MATE. The pice that locks into…

Customer Question
SN.081200019947 MAGELAN ROAD MATE ...

SN.081200019947 MAGELAN ROAD MATE

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?

The pice that locks into the road mate mitac for passing current does not work properly

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

When working it erase what is showing.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Pressing it hard.it start working and suddenly erase the board

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

It seems it dosnt fit properly.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: GPS
11/19/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 5 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
The jack on the Roadmate, is probably a micro-USB jack. It may have been damaged and the connections from the jack to the internal circuit board may be a bit loose. That would explain the problem you have described.

It will have to be repaired - a simple repair enough. The question is whether you will want to have the Roadmate device sent off to repair, or just taken to a local shop near you - local shops could do that much of a repair on it, I think, provided it is not less than 1 year old and within warranty coverage still.

So... if you want to take it to a local shop, just Reply To Expert and tell me, what is your locale, by zip code or by town/city and state. And I will provide contact information and addresses for local shops that might help with this.

Or if you want to send it away for repair, there is

http://www.sharc.net/gps_repair_prices_magellan.htm

perhaps. Tell me your model # if you want a referral to send the Magellan to, that will be sure to accept it for repairing.

Russell H., Service Tech