GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

When I turn on my Garmin GPSMAP 62 series it briefly brings…

When I turn on...

When I turn on my Garmin GPSMAP 62 series it briefly brings up logo and then goes to a blank screen. I have changed the batteries and still nothing!!

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Garmin GPSMAP 62 series

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

It was working OK but now just keeps going to a blank screen when I try to turn it on. I don't get menu screen and it doesn't respond to any buttons I press.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have changed batteries but it still does not stay turned on.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

I have tried to connect to the computer to check for updates but it does not respond/turn on when I did that either.

11/17/2017
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Garmin and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the unit.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Hi Richard. I just put the batteries back into the unit and, to my surprise, this time the unit turned on. I tried every option before I contacted you ie, changed the batteries, held the on button on continuously, pressed the on button quickly and nothing seemed to work. Every time the garmin logo would come on and then disappear to a blank screen. I could not connect it to the laptop through USB as it would not turn on.
The unit is a Garmin GPSMap 62 Handheld GPS D2202 and was purchased in April 2011.
I just got a message 'Trouble finding satellites. Continue searching'. I pressed yes.
The unit is still on at the moment.

Ok, take it outside and tell me i it can now find a satelite please

It appears to be locating satellites. It has a set of co-ordinates and a number of green icons with numbers on them blinking.

Perfect, it was a reception issue, you just needed to be outside, but it should now be ok, glad we got it solved

Thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Do I need to update firmware or software?

No, that was not the issue, it was just a build up of residual power.

It wll tell you if it needs an update.

Richard, Customer Service
Ok. Thanks for your assistance.