GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

How do I enter a destination that is not listed

Customer Question
How do I enter...

How do I enter a destination that is not listed inQuickSpell

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?

5632T-lm roadmate. New this yr.

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

Didn't notice anything

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Tried to enter destination (ST.mARYS ont, Canada) only could use keys that were highlited ie part of quickspell

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: GPS
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/16/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 8 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) How close are you to the destination you are trying to enter?

2) Have you tried spelling "St. Marys" as "Saint Marys"?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you see ANY requests for "additional services" - such as a phone call - please understand that these are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment. Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

(im)

Have been traveling to St.Marys. 1200 mi. Yes. You can't enter a name if it is not part of the quick start program
Why would there not be instructions issued with the devise? E-mail me instructions or E-mail me devise only accepts quick spell locations so I can return it

Hi again and thanks for coming back.

May I ask if spelling SAINT was tried, and if so, what was seen after a few letters were entered?

As for instructions, MOST modern device will come only with a printed "quick start guide", but will have more detailed "help" screens OR an "electronic" version of the instructions available.

If you would like a copy of the electronic (PDF) version of the manual for this device, it can be found at the following page, then click the manual name - listed right below the "Downloads" title.

http://support.magellangps.com/support/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=view&parentcategoryid=484&pcid=19&nav=0,16,19

Please let me know what was found when trying the full spelling.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)