GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

I have a Nuvi40 and only recently the voice has stopped

Hi I have a...

Hi I have a Nuvi40 and only recently the voice has stopped working on it. Is there somewhere I can check the settings. Went to settings but doesn't seem to have anything other than change language

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?

Its about 5 years old and its a Nuvi 40

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing just been on a trip and used it and there was no voice giving directions

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I went in to the settings section but nothing says about voice not working

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

No thats about it except if I decide to buy a new one what do they recommend

Answered in 1 hour by:
11/16/2017
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) When was the last time the device operated WITH voice directions?

2) Is there ANY sound at all from the device - such as when moving from one screen to another?

3) When looking at the settings screen, was the CHANGE of the language attempted, and if so, what as seen as choices?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you see ANY requests for "additional services" - such as a phone call - please understand that these are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment. Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

(20)

About 1 month ago. yes. no

Hi again,

OK - if you have the device with you, please TRY to CHANGE the voice (touch the button), and let me know what you see.

IF you see ANY other English voice list, TRY to select it and save that setting.

THEN - back out to the main screen, set a destination (any one will do), then start the route. This is to TEST that the voice can be played, and if it works, these device usually start by speaking a phrase like "Please drive to highlighted route".

Please let me know what you see and what happens during this process.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)

I checked the language its on English. Theres noise coming when manouvering the address but still nothing after that.

Did you find a DIFFERENT English voice - and CHANGE to that voice?

Thank you I now have a voice.

You're quite welcome.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer