GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

My GPS stopped working. I went out to use the car and when I…

Hi, my GPS stopped...

Hi, my GPS stopped working. I went out to use the car and when I started it the GPS did not start as usual. I tried pushing the power button but nothing happened. Changed cables, power supplies but nothing worked.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the brand and model of the GPS?

From what I can read of the small print. it is a TOMTOM mdl:4PN50

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

It was working when I came home and got out of the car. it is about 2 months old.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have tried different usb power cables and charges as well as the car adapter.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

No, it is just that I have to drive cross country starting this weekend and I would like tgo have it working!.

11/15/2017
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Is there no sign of life from the GPS at all?

Try pressing and holding the power button firmly to see if that starts it up.

Does a charging symbol appear on the display when you connect it to any charger?

If not, then the mini USB socket on the GPS may be worn out and it is no longer able to charge.

Pete, Engineer