GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

I'm trying to update my NUVI 1390. The upgrade site says my…

Customer Question
I'm trying to update...

I'm trying to update my NUVI 1390. The upgrade site says my chip is incopatable. It is a SanDisk with 4GB that I bought from you. The site says the devise is 19% full. But I can update the software.

Technician's Assistant: What model of Nuvi are you using? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

1390 The serial number is *****(###) ###-#### If your SN work like ours it is 7 years old.

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing unusual. I got to the download button and the screen said insert a disk with between 3 and 32 GB. The the incompatibility notification came up. I tried again but nothing worked.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Started over from the beginning and ran through all the screens. Unplugged the devise and plugged it in again. Took the card out to verify the size and reinserted the card.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

No I think that is about it.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: GPS
11/14/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 5 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Please tell me the full and exact text of the message about your chip - and also, what upgrade site is giving you that message, at what point ?

Perhaps the 'between 3 and 32 GB' message referenced free space, or usable space. That would explain why a 4 GB capacity memory card would be objected to - unless it is completely free of all other files, perhaps?

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer