GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

I have a magellan RM 5255T-LM gps. And I lost my card ;I…

Customer Question
I have a magellan...

I have a magellan RM 5255T-LM gps. And I lost my card ;I need ROAD MAP FOR CANADA & USA.. hOW CAN i download a new ine?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the brand and model of the GPS?

It'a magellan gps 5255T-LM

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

I fell in the car.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None . Gps seems to run . When I turn it on ct comes on but I don't have a map.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: GPS
11/14/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 8 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Try this first:
To update your Magellan RoadMate device, proceed as follows:

- on your computer, go to

www.SmartGPSEco.com

- log into your account there or if you don't have an account there yet, create an account then log into it. (if you have an account on

www.magellangps.com

then that account username and password ***** be used for the login here.)

- then, connect your Magellan device to the computer, using an appropriate USB cable.

- wait for it to be recognized, then follow directions on the screen to update your device. (Look in the UPDATES tab for any map updates not yet applied to your device.)

After that - you may need to replace the card, quite simply. If that was where the map file was, then you need another card, and to (hopefully, be able to) copy the map file or files from where their backup copy was (hopefully) stored on your computer, onto the new card.

Let me know how it goes.