GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

My garmin g6 is fully charged. It would not turn off so I…

Customer Question
My garmin g6 is...

My garmin g6 is fully charged. It would not turn off so I let it sleep overnight plugged in. It is off and now will not turn on. It is still fully charged. Help

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Approach G6 is the only info I have and it is 4-5 years old

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

I played a round of golf and it would not x out and turn off

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have held the start button for 10-20-30-40-50-60 seconds. Nothing else

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

I plug it in and the battery does show that it is charged and charging.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: GPS
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/7/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Garmin and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Garmin.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

I did what you said and after plugging it in to the wall charger it just shows battery 95%
forget the call. jus tell me on this

Thanks

Now if you try to turn it on, does it respond?

no. nothing happens except the battery shows 95%

Ok, connect it to the computer, does the computer recognize the unit?

I plugged it in and it downloaded something and it is charging as well as I heard a noise from my computer.

Now with it connected on the computer, open Garmin Express, does it detect it?

no. It says need a garmin connect account and an update is required.

Ok, thats the program but if it will not detect it then it means It is the internal memory for the firware that has faulted.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Customer Service