GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

When using a Kenwood KVT 514 with a GPS module their is a…

Customer Question
When using a Kenwood...

When using a Kenwood KVT 514 with a GPS module their is a separate volume control for the GPS. That separate control gives me the volume I need to offset the noise when I drive with my convertible top down. It worked fine but now I need to reset it but I don't know how to get to the volume control. Can you help me?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the brand and model of the GPS?

I don't know. If needed I can find out.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Installers at BestBuy have always set this up for me but, on several occasions this volume control gets lost. This time the installers have no idea how to fix it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: GPS
10/17/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

My bank fraud dept would not pay until approved payment. I just approved so I am awaiting your call.

Thanks for completing the payment.

To adjust the GPS navigation volume on your Kenwood KVT-514, first select the Nav source, then use the speaker icons at the bottom of the touchscreen to adjust the volume.

Let me know if that works for you?

Hello Pete, Your answer does not answer my question. This only controls the volume for music, radio, etc. It does not control the GPS volume. I need to learn how to get to the GPS volume control. If I can't learn how to do this by tomorrow, I will have to pay almost $1000 to buy and install a new sound and GPS system. I paid for you to call me to discuss this. Please call me, day or night at(###) ###-####

To control the GPS volume you will need to go into the AV Interface Setup - see page 68 and 69 of the user manual for a detailed guide:

http://manual.kenwood.com/files/53c887b45166d.pdf

In particular, see item 13 on page 69.

I can not test the manual instructions tonight. I will try in the morning. I have already been where the GPS volume control is indicated but it can not be set above 35. This does not begin to give me back the volume needed. Maybe I have some of the other settings wrong. Lowering the GPS volume setting to 23 as indicated does not seem like it would cause the volume to increase. Let's talk tomorrow morning if this doesn't work.

Ok, let me know how you get on in the morning.

Although I am fairly adept at following directions, to me these directions in the owners manual regarding GPS volume are very unclear. Can you be on the phone with me while I'm sitting in front of this KVT? With your help it would only take a few minutes to be sure all the required settings are correct. I have already paid for brief telephone assistance. Please call me at(###) ###-####

It seems the payment for telephone assistance failed or did not go through.

Could you please check on your side?

Thanks,

Pete.

Initially I was not aware my bank fraud dept. did not pay the the $5 or the $26 without first contacting me. I approved but I did not receive the phone call I asked for. The confusion created by my banks fraud dept caused me much disappointment with your service. I no longer need your service, please do not cash my payment for $26. If you have already done so, please refund it.

I am user of this site just like you, so I don't have any insight into your account, however I can see that the phone call request payment has failed and it has not been fulfilled.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance with your KVT-514 at all.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my personal service to you and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
Or you can type your rating on your question page if you have any difficulty with the rating system.
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------