GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

Just received my new Magellan, and there don't seem to be a…

Customer Question
Just received my new...

Just received my new Magellan, and there don't seem to be a lot of instructions with it. I have it plugged into my computer now, but the only thing I get on the screen is that it has a USB Connection ! My promo code is MG17REG403VWD

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?

Magellan Roadmate 5630T-LM

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing - USB Connected was the first and only thing that appeared on screen.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Nothing - since it won't do anything but tell me the USB is connected ??

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't believe so! Maybe the fact I'm no electronic expert !!

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: GPS
10/6/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 10 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

Have you installed SmartGPS Eco onto your computer yet?

Please let me know

I don't believe so !

Ok, what you need to do is downlad it onto your computer from my link below

http://www.magellangps.com/contentmanager

Once installed, open it and connect the Magellan to your computer

Follow the steps in the program to update it and once done, it is ready to use

Let me know please how you go