GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

I purchased a magellan 5235 roadmate. can i update it. i…

Customer Question
I purchased a magellan...

I purchased a magellan 5235 roadmate . can i update it. i have plugged it into a computer but nothinbg haooens

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?

Roadmate 5235. i don't know age

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Nothing

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: GPS
10/5/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 10 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

To update your Magellan RoadMate device, proceed as follows:

- on your computer, go to

www.SmartGPSEco.com

- log into your account there or if you don't have an account there yet, create an account then log into it. (if you have an account on

www.magellangps.com

then that account username and password ***** be used for the login here.)

- then, connect your Magellan device to the computer, using an appropriate USB cable.

- wait for it to be recognized, then follow directions on the screen to update your device. (Look in the UPDATES tab for any map updates not yet applied to your device.)

If the Magellan device is simply 'not found' or otherwise/similarly you cannot proceed with the update, let me know... I will advise you further as to what to do in that case.

If the update works fine, would you like to rate my work and my answer?

Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated! Thank you.

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will help you further to a solution.)