GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

Trying to update garmin 1200 nuvi. when i connect to

Customer Question
Trying to update garmin...

Trying to update garmin 1200 nuvi. when i connect to computer the computer symbol appears but i can't see the garmin from #mycomputer. green lines appear and then the garmin loads it maps. Ideas?

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

1200 and i am guessing 2010 or 2011

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

I plugged it into with the usb connector as i wanted to check the sofware version to see if i should upgrade

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Don't know what tshooting i can do if i can't see the device

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

The software version is 4.6. Is this the latest i can have or do i need a later version

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: GPS
is someone working on this?
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/5/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 10 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

Our apologies for the delay.

Are you trying to connect it on a windows or mac computer and which version?

Please let me know