GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

My zumo 550 has maps for canada + border states. When I try…

Customer Question
My zumo 550 has...

My zumo 550 has maps for canada + border states. When I try to change this it does not give me any other options.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?

Garmin Zumo 550 about 6 years old

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

I was trying to punch in an address in California, but whenever I hit the c button Connecticut comes up with no other options

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I went to the garmin program i have on my pc and tried to get another section of the United States but to no avail

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: GPS
10/5/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Have you tried using Garmin Express to add new maps?

it only gives me the Canada + border states option

Ok, to get additional maps will require the following procedure:

http://www.vstrom.info/Smf/index.php?topic=18942.0

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
Or you can type your rating on your question page if you have any difficulty with the rating system.
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

I have to buy an 8 gb flash card for my zumo and then try the suggested fix. I'll get back to you when I have some results.

Ok, let me know how it goes!

Have a good weekend,

Pete.

Pete, I have the new sd card and I need help doing what is requested on http://www.vstrom.info/Smf/index.php?topic=18942.0. Can you help me with this?
Pete, Engineer