GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

I have a wtx watch will not pickup order date was 8/24/2017…

Customer Question
I have a...

I have a wtx watch will not pickup order date was 8/24/2017 only worked two weeks gps not working at all

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the brand and model of the GPS?

Golfbuddy wtx watch

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

It started to pick up and just quit working

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

To reboot several times

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: GPS
10/4/2017
Electronics Technician: Michael Hannigan, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Michael Hannigan

Hello. My name is***** will be helping you with your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and respond.

Are you able to bring the screen up at all?

Have you tried a GPS reset? If not, I can give you instructions on how to do that

No I have not tried a GPS reset. I do not know how to do that.

Ok... it's only a couple of steps

From Golf Mode, press and hold anywhere on the screen over 4 seconds to exit the game.

Tap the GPS Reset button that appears on the screen to do the reset.

Once you do that, it may take 15 minutes or so to get a satellite lock the first time.

Let me know if that resolves the issue.

When I hold the Golf Buddy button it will not reset to any screen.

You should be pressing directly on the screen.

All other buttons will work. When I tap the Golf Buddy button the next screen that comes up says Application does not exist.

If the app really isn't on there, that's going to be a problem. Have you tried anything else, like connecting it to the computer and updating? We can try that as well, if the reset is not working.

When I hold my finger on the screen for 4 seconds it does nothing. When I tap my finger on the screen the Application Does Not Exist message comes up.

Ok... there must be something wrong with the software. Do you have the Golfbuddy software on your computer?

No

Ok. I'm going to give you the steps here, but I'll also give you a link to a video that steps through it - that is a little easier to follow because it's several steps.

• Connect unit to computer using the USB data cable.

• Open GolfBuddy World Course Manager Program and Login.

• Step 1: Wait until the GB Manager displays that the device is connected. Proceed by pressing the blue button 'Next' at bottom of page.

• Step 2: Firmware Info: Select 'Manually update firmware' and press 'Next'

• Step 3: Select countries to update: Please select country (or countries) you want updated. You can update entire country or a specific state, province, town, etc.

• After making your selection, proceed by pressing blue 'Next' button.

• If a small gray box appears, make sure 'Newly Updated Only' is checked.

• When finished, you will see 'Update Complete' and on the top right, you will be on the 'Finish' tab and with blue check mark.

• Once you are finished updating your unit and courses, close the program.

• Please disconnect from the USB cable. Your unit will automatically restart and the update is complete.

And this is the video with the same steps:

https://youtu.be/x3A0OgZmBYY

And this is a link to the software to download and install on the computer:

http://www.golfbuddyglobal.com/support/downloads.asp

So, start with the last link I gave you.

I have tried twice and it will not download on my computer.

What kind of computer do you have? Windows or Mac?

Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer