GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

Have a Garmin Edge 810 that I'm guessing is about 4 years…

Customer Question
Have a Garmin Edge...

Have a Garmin Edge 810 that I'm guessing is about 4 years old. It won't charge. Have checked the charging mechanism and it works on my head lamp but not this. Any thoughts?

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Is there someplace on the device that I can get the model number? Am guessing it is about 4 years old

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

The serial number is ***** I was out of town for 5 weeks and since I've been back the last week or so noticed it won't charge

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just checked the charger to make sure it worked. Other than that, nothing

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

That's all I've got. Thanks

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: GPS
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/4/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 10 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The battery in the Garmin Edge 810 you have, has evidently given out. Rechargeable batteries for electronic devices eventually fail, either through inability to hold charge, or inability to deliver sufficient voltage to power the device.

Four years is a reasonable amount of time for this to happen.

Would you be interested in having the battery replaced?

What is the cost to replace and what is the turn around time?

That depends upon who you hire to do the work.

At 4 years, the device is out of warranty. Garmin will do the work, if they still support this device model. I am looking up information for Garmin's repairing of this model, and will post with the info in a few minutes.

Garmin will do repair work on the Edge 810 at a flat-rate fee of $99, their website says.

Replacing a battery is fairly simple. Would you like referral to watch repair services in your region, as an alternative? if so, tell me your local zip code, please.