GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

I purchased a map of the US, but am unable to download it. I…

Customer Question
I purchased a map...

I purchased a map of the US, but am unable to download it. I have a tomtom model XL. Everything is plugged in tightly and I am using the usb that came with my tomtom. What can I do to get my map?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?

The only thing I see is it's a model is XL, and it's about 5 yrs old.

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

Not sure what u mean, it's been working fine but I wanted to update the map of the US.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I've tried everything they tell me. Problem is I have windows 10 and I can't find Windows Explorer, which they say is now File Explorer, but I can't find that either.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

One thing, I get a red X over the tomtom where I have it plugged in. But I can't get it any tighter so I know it's okay.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: GPS
10/3/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 10 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

Whilst you have the X it will not work as it means there is no connection.

If you connect it to a different USB port on the computer, does the X remove and does it then connect?

Please let me know